Alpujarra - Lecrin, Spain
Finca for sale in Alpujarras, Spain
Beds: 9, Baths: 4
ID Number: 1569
Las Alpujarras rural tourism business
Full Description: A truly unique Country Estate nestling on the southern slopes of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in the spectacular Las Alpujarras, in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Built in the traditional Alpujarran style, it retains all the features of its Moorish heritage: natural stone walls, striking chestnut beamed ceilings throughout, and terracotta and slate floors. Parts of the ground floor nestle against the rock, offering natural coolness during the hot summer and warmth in winter.
Dating back some 300 years, the Cortijo is set in two acres (9.248m2) of flat land & 8 lush terraces planted with a great variety of trees, most of them mature, which produce significant crops of almonds, figs, cherries, quinces etc. The beautiful mature trees and irrigation channels throughout the property create an oasis of shade and peace that has attracted visitors from all over Europe.
Another special feature in the garden is the 9m x 5m x1.80 salt ionized swimming pool with state of the art PH controller and chlorinator.
Extra facilities within the grounds include outbuildings, with electricity, which are presently used as workshops but which could be used for other purposes.
There is sheltered parking for 2 cars and ample parking space for another 10 cars
The property comprises a main house and a separate building that houses two of the rental properties.
The main house is currently divided into 2 family homes, (the West House and The East House) which are built on 2 floors and 1 holiday letting unit ( The Cuadra )
The West House : ground floor – kitchen, open plan living & dining room, small store room – stairs to first floor : - 4 bedrooms and 1 family bathroom.
The East House : ground floor – kitchen, laundry/pantry , kitchen, open plan living and dining room , stairs to first floor :- 5 bedrooms , 1 family bathroom.
The Cuadra: located on the ground floor of the main house : Kitchen , living and dining area, 1 bedroom, bathroom terrace.
The other building comprises :-
The Casita: situated on a terrace below the main house: open plan kitchen/living dining room, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and private terrace.
The Studio: is adjacent to the Casita : open plan living and sleeping space, with small galley kitchen area, beds and dining area. Bathroom. Terrace.
The three holiday properties have been carefully designed to ensure the privacy and a sense of seclusion of guests. Each has independent access, and separate terraces and gardens.
• In order to make significant energy savings, the property was entirely renovated in 2004/6 New plumbing throughout with central heating system (oil fired)
• New solar heating equipment (to provide hot water for 2 holiday flats)
• Property rewired throughout
• New roofs with insulation
• New windows and doors with double glazing
• Installation of 2 new fireplaces and wood-burning stoves
• New swimming pool (built in 2006) with a 10 year guarantee, includes all cleaning equipment
(filter and engine, PH metering system, salt ionizer, winter cover, robot pool cleaner and pool furniture)
• New concreted access road (linking with main Pitres to Atalbéitar road)
• New septic tank (installed in December 2007) complying with the latest environmental legislation
• Significant water rights delivered via a new pumped watering system throughout the property, to irrigate all the land
All legal documents are available for inspection and a full pdf brochure detailing all the relevant information about this property , including rental income, running costs, detailed plans etc is available on request.